Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Photography



So I've always wanted to take pictures, I think it started when I was watching Spiderman as a kid. Peter Parker was a journalist, so he took pictures of Spiderman, I don't know why I thought that was cool, (I was also the kid who sang along to the French song in the original Batman movie, the one with Adam West). But anyway... thanks to my good friend Ms. Lizzy Nash, I can finally pursue this new hobby. So I've been trying my hand at this for about a half a month, that's how long I've had the camera, anyway, yesterday this orange was sitting in this chair in the music department, an abundance of thoughts ran through my head: "Why is an orange in a chair? I could be in that chair? Is it saving a spot for someone? That orange is abused, it looks horrid!" So whatever, it was there, how does this tie to photography? It really doesn't, until I took a picture! Then another orange joined the party too, so I indulged myself in the Kodak moment that was in front of me, and took a few pictures.

Who cares right, whatever. That's what I'm saying, but hey you just took the time to read this, and I love you for it!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! I dig it! ok, you need to advertise your blog so that your only followers aren't me and... well, you. so, I like the pictures! Nice perspective and lighting!! I am trying to train my eye to see lighting situations.. I have a feeling you used a fairly high ISO range due to the graininess in the top shot.. am i right!? Seriously, very cool though! :) I really like the pics..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I played with the sharpness in iPhoto, I didn't realize it did that until I posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, to me the effect of the graininess is to make it look like the orange is set against a backdrop consisting of an old painting. Intentional or not - nice effect.

    ReplyDelete